Location: Nashville, Tennessee
VUMC Child Care - Admin
The Associate Child Care Teacher assists in classroom promoting the academic, social-emotional growth and development of children. The Associate Child Care Teacher assists in development of partnerships with parents/child's caregivers to engage and encourage parent participation in program with regular guidance.
VUMC offers Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 24 days per year. We also offer career development and advancement along with the opportunity for tuition assistance.
The starting pay for the position is $18.00 with the opportunity for a higher salary dependent on relevant years of experience.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center Child and Family Centers offer early childhood care and education for the children of VUMC employees. The child care program serves children, from six weeks old to age 5. The centers are licensed by the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
The Child and Family Centers provide quality care and education in a safe, nurturing and engaging environment. Thank you for choosing the VUMC Child and Family Center to care for your child. We appreciate the confidence you have shown in us.
Patterson - 1817 Patterson St.
Belcourt - 2140 Belcourt Ave.
Knob - 5701 Knob Rd.
Dakota - 4108 Dakota Ave.
* Assists in planning and implementation age appropriate curriculum and activities to nurture and stimulate all domains of children's development in their care.
* Provides a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children's learning and growth.
* Performs on-going developmental evaluations of children as required by DHS and develop lesson plans and follow curriculum implementation that addresses the individual needs of each child.
* Maintains ongoing, open communication with parents/ caregivers.
* Implements and supports nutrition routines.
* Provides attentive supervision of children: knows classroom enrollment, constantly scans classroom/playground to ensure safety, and closely monitors children by constantly taking attendance.
* Curriculum Planning & Design (Fundamental Awareness): Curriculum Planning & Design refers to the courses of study offered by an organization, as well as a group of related courses, often in a special field of study.
* Training & Development (Fundamental Awareness): Has demonstrated an understanding of the basic characteristics and needs of effective delivery: use of visual aids, demeanor, oral skills and program support requirements. Has had training in course delivery. Observed instructors in course preparation and delivery.
* Planning (Fundamental Awareness): Establishes realistic personal work goals and objectives. Demonstrates ability to anticipate basic resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work for own assignments and
* Customer Communication (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in demonstrating customer service communication skills such as smiling, greeting, tone of voice, eye contact and body language. Practices excellent communication skills with patients/guests such as listening acknowledgement, empathy and solution-based thinking.
Our professional administrative functions include critical supporting roles in information technology and informatics, finance, administration, legal and community affairs, human resources, communications and marketing, development, facilities, and many more.
At our growing health system, we support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
* Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defines tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed. * Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job. * Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
Core Capabilities :
Delivering Excellent Services : Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality : Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond. Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively: Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation :Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.- Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Less than 1 year
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.