Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-020886
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA, is it in yours?
Sonic Healthcare USA (SHUSA) has multiple opportunities in our Accounts Receivable department. Available Opportunities: Medicare, Medicaid, "Other" Insurance, and Patient Follow-Up
The A/R Follow-Up Specialist is responsible for the management of accounts through written or verbal direction from patients, aged trial balance reports and rejection reports for the accurate and timely filing of claims for maximum reimbursement. A/R Follow-Up Specialists will have the ability to provide support to other Accounts Receivable departments, as needed. All staff must adhere to all department policies and procedures.
LOCATION: Austin, TX 78728
HOURS: 1st Shift
FULL TIME: Benefits Eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- Customer service duties include answering telephones politely and confidently for patients and others regarding billing inquiries and to resolving billing issues as well as making outbound calls to insurance to resolve balances/discrepancies.
- Act as a resource regarding insurance compliance guidelines.
- Accurately enter information provided by various sources to correct claims in regards to CPT and ICD-10 codes and send out results in a timely manner.
- Must be able to interpret and communicate Explanation of Benefits.
- Will audit accounts showing denials to resolve balances.
- Resolve invoice issues from outside laboratories for patients.
- Submit and retrieve eligibility requests through web portals.
- Communicate with Team Lead and/or A/R Supervisor on areas that may be improved and appeals minimized.
- Strong data entry skills, with the ability to meet production guidelines as set by A/R department policy.
- Ability to stay focused and perform job duties efficiently and accurately.
- Employee must comply with Sonic Healthcare USA's compliance policies and procedures.
- Duties include but are not limited to the above mentioned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the qualifications and experience we require:
- High School diploma or GED
- Typing (min 35 wpm) and 10 Key. MUST be able to demonstrate proficiency.
- Knowledge of computer technology and terminology
- Perform duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company, with patients and physician office staff
- Possess effective work habits and ability to build/maintain work relationships
- Ability to read and comprehend English
- Ability to work under deadlines
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Minimum of two (2) prior related experience (medical coding, private insurance, laboratory and/or medical billing)
- Prior Customer Service experience
- Bilingual speaking skills/Spanish
- Experience in multitasking environment
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Excited about a career with a company that exemplifies its core values and offers a great total rewards package? Apply Now!
- Competitive wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Savings Plan and Employer Match
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.