Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking an Instructional Designer I (Learning Solutions), FULL-TIME, to join our Nemours Children's Health team in Wilmington, Delaware.
This position is responsible for: planning, designing, developing, and conducting training and educational programs for Nemours Associates. This position will provide instructional design expertise for the development and support of learning modules delivered in a variety of formats including in-class instruction and on-line delivery. This position will perform all facets of instructional design; including performance and training needs analyses, design and development of educational modules, and evaluation of new and existing resources. This position will consult with departments about training needs and strategies, providing recommendations for appropriate delivery method(s) of education and acting as a subject matter expert, as required, to Nemours Health Informatics analysts and electronic medical record end users.
This person in this position will demonstrate excellent customer service that promotes patient, staff, and customer satisfaction and reflects the Mission, Vision and Values of Nemours. Technical skills required for this position include expertise in software for online course development and proficient knowledge of software for desktop and web publishing. Acquisition of Epic Electronic Health Record certification in one application is required within one year of hire date.
Additional skills needed to successfully perform in this position are the abilities to collaborate with subject matter experts, consult with clients about their options, manage resources prudently, handle problems in a calm responsive manner, and learn quickly and independently. This person in this position must work collaboratively, be detail-oriented, organized, and an excellent communicator - verbally, written, and interpersonal. The person in this position must be a life-long learner, who seeks increased job knowledge through independent study and formal education with a willingness to perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Deliver instruction to individuals and groups in a variety of formats.
- Perform all facets of instructional design process--analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Maintain records of instructional development and training activities e.g., assessment grades, evaluations, metrics, templates, tracking systems, and file archival.
- Support and respond to questions regarding learning systems and tools, such as the LMS, and other application-specific issues.
- Maintain Epic certification(s) to provide support to Epic Analysts and end users. (Note: IDs must have detailed knowledge of each application they are certified and credentialed in.)
- Participate as SME and primary writer in projects for software applications, such as Epic, Oracle, etc.
- Format and publish materials for print and web delivery.
- Create original graphics and visual resources.
- Deliver synchronous web-events.
- Develop interactive resources using Captivate, Articulate, Snagit, Camtasia, and other appropriate technologies.
- Attend assigned meetings and disseminate information to all stakeholders.
- Experience with software applications for developing educational materials and experiences for in-class and online delivery.
- Experience with Classroom Management methodologies and preparation techniques.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Ability to work with other subject matter experts and to learn new technologies and methodologies quickly to expedite training development.
- Ability to work in a team environment, under aggressive deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Experience with Learning Management System and industry standards such as AICC and SCORM.
- Associate's Degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred in Educational Media, Instructional Design or related field.
- Minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year experience required, or completion of internship.
- Previous experience in education or training required.
- Epic, HTML/webpage development, and learning management system experience desired.