Location: Nashville, Tennessee
SC MCJCHV Inpatient Svc Ctr
Dispenses medical/surgical supplies and patient care equipment with regular guidance. Ensures appropriate supplies are ordered, received, and inventory levels are maintained.
Shift: 6:30pm - 6:30am, must be able to work on the weekends.
* Provides materials and equipment requested in a timely manner.
* Assembles carts for distribution.
* Ensures supplies are in a clean and safe working condition and environment. Maintains adequate supply in storage locations.
* Cleans, prepares, and tests specialty beds or equipment for safety.
* May capture patient charges for supplies.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Customer Service (Novice): A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
* Inventory Management (Novice): Monitors material movement into and out of stock, reconciles inventory balances, and maintains adequate inventory levels.
* Equipment Inspections (Novice): Reviews and Inspections is a systematic process of checking to see whether a piece of equipment is meeting specified requirements.
Our supporting roles are the core of all we do at Vanderbilt Health, helping us personalize the patient experience through our caring spirit and distinctive capabilities. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at VUMC for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce as we place a priority on designing with and for our patients and families.
* Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defines tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed. * Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job. * Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
Core Capabilities :
Delivering Excellent Services : Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality : Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond. Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively: Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation :Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.- Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Less than 1 year
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.