Location: Oak Brook, Illinois
The Lead DevOps Engineer will collaborate with clients to help design, implement, maintain, and test various technical solutions using the latest technologies. Responsible for creating and enhancing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines and multiple kinds of automation processes (build management, automated deployments, automated testing and configuration management). Work across multiple diverse businesses within Joint Commission to deliver enterprise capabilities and solutions on Azure.
- Work with business developers and internal teams to maintain a backlog of features and integration enhancements to continue to automate the platform. Develop code and bug-fixes, managing source code in GITHUB. Develop automated integration tests to run on Jenkins or other CI (continuous integration) platform for test automation to help support bug free releases.
- Treat infrastructure as a product and provide ideas on continually improving automation services and the resiliency of the platform.
- Gather technical requirements and execute deliverables.
- Scale infrastructure and applications in an automated way.
- Monitor and instrument everything, particularly data applications and databases.
- Provide tooling for all of the engineers.
- Follow and execute Production, QA, Dev, and other environmental change control processes.
- Document DevOps processes, procedures, and environments to ensure continuity.
- Write and use Azure RM templates and Terraform
- Troubleshoot Azure, DNS, Azure connectivity and routing.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow internally defined security and compliance controls.
- Implement the enterprise cloud capability and enhance the cloud orchestration platform for automated provisioning, management and scalability of hosts, containers, applications and cloud services.
- Develop/Consume APIs, SDKs and Webhook for multi-directional integration of cloud orchestration platform with enterprise systems, DevOps Tools and cloud platforms.
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree from an accredited university
- 7 + years of relevant experience which includes 5 years of IT/DevOps engineering experience and 3 years in Windows or Linux Server Administration with RedHat, Centos, or similar toolsets
- Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering)
- Experience with SharePoint or Microsoft Business Apps and Automation (CRM, PowerApps) platforms.
- Desire to obtain or utilize technical certifications as part of continuous professional growth.
- Ability to learn fast, adapt to new technology and changes in the environment.
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple priorities while collaborating with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Experience developing platform orchestration code in Azure Python SDK, Terraform and GitHub Runners
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud provisioning and administration, cloud bursting, cloud interoperability, cloud disaster recovery and business continuity strategies, as well as performance measurement and monitoring in the cloud
- Experience in Azure RBAC and integration with Active Directory and PingFed
- Must be a self-starter, demonstrated ability to take independent action to achieve results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels within the team
- Highly developed critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advance knowledge of software development lifecycle and working in an Agile Scrum team
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skill
Note: Successful applicants for domestic positions that require travel to a customer site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification and reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.