Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Academic / Research
VU Inst. of Imaging Science
Develops and applies highly specialized research imaging methods or ancillary resources under occasional guidance. Contributes to development and applications of advanced imaging methods for in vivo uses and provides specific resources to meet needs of investigators engaged in using imaging.
* Defines and optimizes imaging protocols and supports image acquisitions based on current state the art practices and current available instrumentation according to needs of investigators. Develop and test new options as needed.
* Conduct and/or supervise scientific data collection and analysis including image analysis
* Exercise independent judgment to design/develop methods and procedures for innovative research studies. Advise investigators on preferred imaging modalities for specific research projects. Contribute to research so as to merit serving as author or co-author on publications
* Train graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and staff. In safe and effective use of instrumentation
* Manage and maintain complex scientific imaging instrumentation. Perform quality assurance tests to monitor performance and make appropriate corrections.
* Research options and make recommendations for equipment purchases, service agreements, and supplies in such a manner as to maximize efficiency and cost-savings while best supporting the research needs of diverse groups of investigators
* Scientific Instrumentation (Intermediate): Demonstrates knowledge and use of scientific instrumentation in practical applications
* Diagnostic Testing (Intermediate): Demonstrates proficiency of diagnostic testing in practical applications. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results.
* Anatomy & Physiology Knowledge (Intermediate): Possesses sufficient anatomy and physiology knowledge, training, and experience. Ability to apply knowledge to real world situations.
* Regulatory Compliance (Intermediate): Demonstrates knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and apply them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Able to interpret and explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear. Directs others in interpreting rules and regulations on the job and trains others in them.
* Equipment Maintenance (Advanced): Maintenance is the prevention, correction, update, repair, or modification to equipment, products, systems or other items that may need enhancement or updating, including the application of predictive techniques to help determine the condition of in-service equipment in order to predict when maintenance should be performed.
* Imaging Development and Application (Advanced): Demonstrates expertise in the utilization and modification of imaging technologies and relevant concepts in physics and engineering for diverse applications
* Electronics (Novice): Demonstrates proficiency in the design and fabrication of electronic devices, both digital and analog
* Image Analysis and Processing (Intermediate): Demonstrates familiarity with software packages and databases used for image analysis and processing. Able to apply image analysis programs to provide measurements of structure or physiological outputs using state-of-the-art software programs. Able to develop scripts and programs to modify image analysis software for customer applications.
* Laboratory Techniques (Intermediate): Demonstrates proficiency in laboratory practices including chemistry and molecular biology
* Technical Writing (Intermediate): Possesses the ability to describe procedures and data in writing to communicate to readers of grants, papers, and other documents.
* Communication (Advanced): Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
* Data Analysis (Intermediate): The ability to analyze data in an accurate manner.
Our Academic Enterprise is one of the nation's longest serving and most prestigious academic medical centers. Through its historic bond with Vanderbilt University and integral role in the School of Medicine, Vanderbilt Health cultivates distinguished research and educational programs to advance a clinical enterprise that provides compassionate and personalized care and support for millions of patients and family members each year.
World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.
Aligning with Vanderbilt Health's Strategic Directions, the Office of Research provides shared research resources, administrative expertise and professional guidance to enable the trans-disciplinary environment and highly collaborative culture that advances discovery and training for all the research faculty, trainees, students and staff.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment. Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues:- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services:- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation:- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Work Experience :
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Less than 1 year
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.